Business Accounting Services
We provide a complete suite of accounting services to help our business clients manage their financial affairs.
Audits, Reviews and Compilations
- We view our role in the financial reporting process as an opportunity to provide constructive solutions for maximizing your company’s profitability and efficiency. We provide financial reporting on all three levels of assurance:
*Audit – an intensive examination with the highest level of assurance
*Review – some analytical procedures conducted with limited assurance
*Compilation – based upon client information provided and used primarily for internal use.
- Meaningful, well-organized financial records ensure that your business operations will run more efficiently on a daily basis and are the foundation of a successful business. Our qualified staff can assist you with the day-to-day tasks associated with bookkeeping.
Cash Flow & Budgeting Analysis
- A business can be profitable and still run into trouble due to cash flow issues. We can forecast and evaluate your company’s financial condition, estimate financing requirements, and track cash-flow sources and uses.
- We can assist you in the preparation of your financial statements in accordance with professional standards, but express no opinion or any other form of assurance on the underlying information included in them. The financial statements produced can be a useful tool for management for making financial decisions.
- Attracting and retaining skilled employees is a challenge for any growing business. Our consultants can help you design employee benefits packages that are market competitive and cost effective for your business. And because the accounting and tax issues involved with employer-provided benefit plans can be overwhelming, we can assist with the development, implementation and administration of your employee benefit plan.
Business Entity Selection
- Choosing the form of entity for your business (e.g. “S” corporation, sole proprietor, limited liability company, etc.) is a crucial decision that can have longstanding tax implications, positive or negative. We can assist you in evaluating the pros and cons of each entity type to help you determine the most advantageous form of business for your company.
Business Succession Planning
- Effective coordination of the transition of your business to your successors is critical to ensure its continued success once you decide to remove yourself from the company’s day to day operations. With a solid background in tax and other financial matters, we are fully qualified to address the complex issues of business continuation and can assist you in developing a strategically sound plan.
- Whether you are thinking of buying a new business or in the midst of a difficult divorce, the amount attached to the value of your business is important. We can provide useful and objective analysis to assist you in the valuation of any business in which you have an interest.
Certified QuickBooks Advisor
- Intuit’s QuickBooks Pro has become the general ledger accounting software of choice for small- to medium-sized businesses. As Certified QuickBooks Advisors, you can count on our expertise and experience to help you install, configure and make the most of this powerful accounting package.
Lending institutions frequently experience the need to evaluate whether or not loans are performing up to their expectations or whether potential problems may be developing of which they are unaware. Banks and other financial institutions might not be able to maintain a department of individuals experienced and poised to perform collateral audits. They may feel that it is important to the integrity of the institution to hire an independent CPA firm to perform these reviews. Increasingly, lenders are relying on accounting firms to provide the expertise necessary to determine whether or not an existing client or a prospective client is a viable loan customer.
We can perform the following tasks for you:
- Verify and confirm credit ratings and coupon spreads for each collateral security
- Verify that your collateral clients are in compliance with the rules and covenants set forth by the lending institution
- Verify on a test basis the amounts reported on borrowing base reports
- We gauge our worth by the personal and business successes of our clients. We can help your business identify areas negatively affecting profitability and growth and develop solutions that are practical and technically sound. In addition to acting as a sounding board for management, we provide comprehensive, flexible strategies that address the issues affecting your business.
Expert Witness Services
- Pending or existing litigation can result in the need for a qualified professional to present his/her opinion to support or oppose evidence submitted to the court. Our level of competence allows us the opportunity to function as expert witnesses in many cases.
Forensic Accounting & Fraud Prevention
- We use accounting and auditing skills to provide an analysis of financial records in conjunction with dispute resolutions and fraud investigation. Our damage measurement methods can determine the extent of financial loss and illegal accounting practices.
- Litigation support involves the quantification of economic damages pursuant to existing or pending litigation using accounting and auditing techniques. We have experienced and competent staff who can compile information efficiently to assist in the calculation and documentation of any potential economic loss or damages.
Management Advisory Services
- Even the most qualified managers can benefit from competent, objective feedback. We can help your company’s management team develop long-term objectives and specific strategies to facilitate your business’s future growth and success.
Mergers & Acquisition
- Finding the right business partner for your company can be a difficult task. Likewise, structuring the purchase or sale of a business properly is a critical step in the process of buying or selling a business. We can assist you in the merger or acquisition process by assessing such critical elements as tax considerations; product/service compatibility; competitive tactics and position; financial impact; and cash flow considerations.
- As a business grows, it must hire more employees, which can result in increased payroll administration. We can assist you in implementing the controls necessary to ensure a reliable, efficient, and effective payroll system. Our firm can also help you develop a payroll system and prepare all necessary payroll tax returns in a timely manner.
Pension & Profit Sharing Plans
- Qualified retirement plans (e.g. defined-contribution or defined benefit plans, Keoghs, SEPs, etc.) can provide significant tax advantages for closely held businesses and self-employed individuals. Our qualified staff can assist you in evaluating the type of pension plan that will best serve the retirement needs of you and your employees.
Sales Tax Services
- Many of our clients are responsible for collecting and submitting sales taxes for many different jurisdictions. We can assist your company in the compilation of information and preparation of sales tax returns in an efficient and timely manner.
Tax Planning & Preparation
- Tax planning and preparation form a winning combination for our successful individual and business clients. Whether you are an individual or a multi-tiered partnership, our experienced staff can develop tax strategies that take advantage of new tax laws and legislation.